STEP 1: WARNING
- NEVER turn on your LEDs while they are still in the roll. This will cause them to overheat!
STEP 2: Pre-Planning your set up
- Be sure to measure the length of the area you want to set the lights on
- We recommend having LED lights go vertically up your wall, but if you prefer to start the line horizontal from the top of your wall, you will need LED Strip Clips to help hold up the power supply against the wall.
STEP 3: Preparing a Clean Surface
- Use a rag or paper towel to clean off any dirt or dust in the area you'll be applying your LED lights onto. Doing this is absolutely necessary so the adhesive can stick & hold on strongly.
STEP 4: Setting Up Your Lights
- Begin by connecting your LED Controller to the power supply.
- Next, connect the splitter cable to your LED controller using the included 4-pin connectors. Ensure the arrows align.
- Last, connect the splitter cable to your lights using the included 4-pin connectors. Ensure the arrows align.
- Peel your adhesive backing off the LED strips. Only peel in 8 inch portions to ensure your adhesive doesn't get dusty as you are installing your lights. Make sure you are peeling only the adhesive backing from the strip and not pulling the entire adhesive strip off the lights.
- Make sure you are peeling only the adhesive backing from the strip and not pulling the entire adhesive strip off the lights. If you notice the strip isn't sticky that means you have removed the entire adhesive. Ensure you split the backing from the adhesive.
STEP 5: Proper Installation
- Start off by applying the beginning of the strip against the wall gently.
- Try staying as close to the corner where the wall and ceiling meet to make sure the lights stay in a straight line when applying them horizontally or vertically.
- Ask a friend or family member to hold the other end of the lights and peel the plastic a bit at a time from the adhesive to help make this process easier.
- NEVER RUN THE LIGHTS FROM THE POWER SUPPLY, AROUND THE SURFACE, AND BACK INTO THE POWER SUPPLY. THIS WILL SHORT YOUR LIGHTS.
STEP 6: Turn Power on your Lights
- To properly Connect the Controller Receiver to your LED strip connect matching the two arrows
- LED Strip and Controller Receiver both have arrows at the connection point.
Step 7: Check your remote
- The Remote uses a CR2025 battery.
- Check remote by pointing it at the Remote Receiver.
- If nothing is happening, just check that the battery was not inserted upside down. Try flipping it over and check to see if it is now working.